WHERE IS TRACKAWAY???

Here new releases and other announcements!
gardiol

WHERE IS TRACKAWAY???

Postby gardiol » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:13 pm

Hi all!
thanks for be patient and keep using Track@Way, i don't know if i deserve you :)

Anyway, work and life are keeping me very busy since a long time now. I am still thinking of Track@Way and my next priority is always Track@Way. I did a little bit of progress in trying out Qt 5.3 for Android with success, but i ran out of free time right after i started playing out with QML...

At the moment i have no release date for Track@Way 3.0, i cannot commit to a date due to the overwork situation i am in (both at work and outside work).

As soon as i can i will post news, meanwhile, Track@Way 2.1.5 is still rocking and i still keep using it almost every week on my old faithfull Nokia 5800XM and my Samsung Note3.
marcv

Re: WHERE IS TRACKAWAY???

Postby marcv » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:13 pm

Hi, great to hear! I'm also using trackaway a lot; mainly short trips, some hiking last summer, performed great. I was using maps I downloaded with MOBAC during hiking in mountains in France; on shorter trips I mostly use online maps. I use it on a Nokia 808; contemplating buying a simple Android phone, using the Nokia as a camera. A serious update for Android would speed up the purchase ;-) (oh yeah, my number 1 request: layered maps
We are all way too busy :cry:
gardiol

Postby gardiol » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:57 pm

Qt is was killed me so far.
While recompiling the current codebase on Qt 4.8 is still feasible, i don't know for how long it will be. Upgrading to Qt5 requires quite an effort with the current codebase, i am seriously trying out QML, which is a new language and a new way. It shows a lot of potential and i am loving it, but given the zero free time it's more a wish.

so basically i need to clearly separate the "core" from the "UI", the UI will be done in Qt/QML and the core in Qt/C++. I did some prototiping on the UI and it seems quick and easy, just a lot of work and so little time :)
gardiol

Postby gardiol » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:59 pm

I am happy to report that Track@away 3.0 is now able to load GPX tracks!
It's not much, but it's a start.

Next i started working on getting the cartographic table back, to show the tracks.
Next will be attaching the GPS device
Next will be maps...

It's still a long way, but 3.0 will work on all the platforms supported by Qt 5... Including Blackberry, maybe WP, and Jolla/Sailfish.
marcv

Postby marcv » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:00 am

Hi, great to hear your working on the Qt5 version!
but 3.0 will work on all the platforms supported by Qt 5...

Would this mean it could also work on Linux with Qt5 installed? That would be a very handy extra, for planning trips etc.
gardiol

Postby gardiol » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:32 am

Yes it will...
it's a great idea! and i don't see why not...

The downside is, it will NOT work on Symbian, at least i am not aware of any Qt5 implementation for Symbian.
Track@Way 2 will keep working on symbian of course.

Return to “Announcements!”