WHERE IS TRACKAWAY???

Here new releases and other announcements!
gardiol

WHERE IS TRACKAWAY???

Postby gardiol » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:13 pm

Hi all!
thanks for be patient and keep using Track@Way, i don't know if i deserve you :)

Anyway, work and life are keeping me very busy since a long time now. I am still thinking of Track@Way and my next priority is always Track@Way. I did a little bit of progress in trying out Qt 5.3 for Android with success, but i ran out of free time right after i started playing out with QML...

At the moment i have no release date for Track@Way 3.0, i cannot commit to a date due to the overwork situation i am in (both at work and outside work).

As soon as i can i will post news, meanwhile, Track@Way 2.1.5 is still rocking and i still keep using it almost every week on my old faithfull Nokia 5800XM and my Samsung Note3.
marcv

Re: WHERE IS TRACKAWAY???

Postby marcv » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:13 pm

Hi, great to hear! I'm also using trackaway a lot; mainly short trips, some hiking last summer, performed great. I was using maps I downloaded with MOBAC during hiking in mountains in France; on shorter trips I mostly use online maps. I use it on a Nokia 808; contemplating buying a simple Android phone, using the Nokia as a camera. A serious update for Android would speed up the purchase ;-) (oh yeah, my number 1 request: layered maps
We are all way too busy :cry:
gardiol

Postby gardiol » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:57 pm

Qt is was killed me so far.
While recompiling the current codebase on Qt 4.8 is still feasible, i don't know for how long it will be. Upgrading to Qt5 requires quite an effort with the current codebase, i am seriously trying out QML, which is a new language and a new way. It shows a lot of potential and i am loving it, but given the zero free time it's more a wish.

so basically i need to clearly separate the "core" from the "UI", the UI will be done in Qt/QML and the core in Qt/C++. I did some prototiping on the UI and it seems quick and easy, just a lot of work and so little time :)
gardiol

Postby gardiol » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:59 pm

I am happy to report that Track@away 3.0 is now able to load GPX tracks!
It's not much, but it's a start.

Next i started working on getting the cartographic table back, to show the tracks.
Next will be attaching the GPS device
Next will be maps...

It's still a long way, but 3.0 will work on all the platforms supported by Qt 5... Including Blackberry, maybe WP, and Jolla/Sailfish.
marcv

Postby marcv » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:00 am

gardiol

Postby gardiol » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:32 am

Yes it will...
it's a great idea! and i don't see why not...

The downside is, it will NOT work on Symbian, at least i am not aware of any Qt5 implementation for Symbian.
Track@Way 2 will keep working on symbian of course.

Return to “Announcements!”